I’d like to share Freedom Pilot, a set of teleoperation and human intervention tools that works out of the box with ROS1 & ROS2 for controlling your robot from anywhere in the world. We are giving away this suite of teleop tools for free for one year.
It is a one line installable agent. This lets you stably control your ROS robot from anywhere allowing you to drive, navigate or inject commands.
Its got WebRTC infrastructure with STUN and TURN servers, supports the ROS nav stack out of the box, thumbpad joystick control, maps, GPS, gamepad support, multiple cameras, topic data visualization and many other cool configurable things for building out a robot operations center or just getting your hobby robot driving cleanly from anywhere (including your cellphone when you are away from home).
I would love feedback! To try it out, create an account at freedomrobotics.ai (coupon for free: ROSPILOT):
- In the app, click GET STARTED (on the left hand side panel) and curl the install script.
- Launch your ROS nodes.
- Set the velocity topic that the joystick publishes on in SETTINGS -> PILOT and follow the directions to change your velocity topic, max speeds, etc.
- All your image topics will be automatically detected.
- Then click on PILOT and TAKE OVER and you are driving the robot!
- Next, you can enable nav stack control with waypoints, maps, etc in SETTINGS -> PILOT.
Detailed docs are here for teleoperation and navigation setup.
Here are just a few examples of how Freedom Pilot is used in the wild:
- Logistics: Material Handling Robots
- Last-Mile Delivery Robots
- Hospital Sanitizing Robots
- Agricultural Robots
If you have a second after trying it, I would love to hear:
- Is this useful for you?
- Any features you would like to see added? Any rough edges?
- How would you want to use it?
If you hit a snag getting it running, click SHOW CHAT in the app and I can hop on to help you or drop me a DM!