We are celebrating the 1-year anniversary of Isaac ROS with DP 1.1 Release which includes feature updates, bug fixes, and migration to the general availability release of Jetpack 5.0.2.
Isaac ROS update is available now at github.com/NVIDIA-ISAAC-ROS and is part of our commitment to provide features and hardware acceleration for autonomous robots.
This release includes packages for AI perception, image processing, navigation and adds:
- Simplified nvblox interface class rgbdmapper with mesh welding to reduce footprint in RVIS, addition of 3D LIDAR for fusion with camera depth, and serialization to file save & load over a ROS service
- Type adaptation for DetectNet DNN models with significantly improved performance by 14x (104fps on Jetson Orin at 544p).
- New proximity detection DNN model for improvements to freespace prediction and dynamic proximity fields which can be changed at run-time based robot mode, maneuver, or velocity
- Image flip for cameras physically mounted 180° due to mechanical design
- ROS2 Humble + Nav2 container saving >8hrs of compile time for Jetson and x86 + GPU including scanning against NVD to fix security vulnerabilities in the container.
- Bug fixes
(nvblox performance improvements in processing/queuing, and reduced rendered mesh size)
(DP 1.0 proximity detection DNN on the left and improved freespace prediction visible on the floor with DP 1.1 proximity detection DNN on the right)
Clone the repositories you need into your ROS workspace to build from source with colcon alongside your other ROS2 packages and leverage the pre-built ROS2 Humble & Nav2 container. Please note that this release has been tested on the NVIDIA Jetson AGX Orin & Xavier with JetPack 5.0.2 (Ubuntu 20.04).
The next release will be in Oct at ROSCon Kyoto.