Mobile Manipulator - Cheap Educational - with GIF's

It is with object recognition (node running on pc), it let goes when it goes parallel xD

1 Like

200 seems low cost what sensors does it use? maybe an extra battery for powering extra things

Havent thought about all in one wheel motors, do this brushless motors provide feedback somehow for pid and odometry?

yes 3d data are recourse consuming, so with the two servos you rotate it up and down? I was thinking like 50 hz rotations all around xD

i just mean that on the ros control hardware interface if you pass in the read() function the commands from the write() function e.g assuming perfect execution - no feedback → this has the effect that the robot THinks the arm is moving whether you have connected a arm or not. Then you can make a node that subscribes to joint states (e.g arm clone of joint states) and transform thems in order to send them for execution e.g to servo driver

Yeah i will try it with Ignition Gazebo too!

Some… :smiley: Depends on model. The git I posted early gives you quite an overview what you can get from them. Speaking mostly about used robots at these price points.

You can hack the used ones and let the PID happen on the motor controller boards. You can get used / broken ones really really cheap these days. Checkout this git: GitHub - EFeru/hoverboard-firmware-hack-FOC: With Field Oriented Control (FOC) It’s the currently most advanced I would say. Here are some “visuals”: Reverse Engineering Hoverboard Motor Drive | Hackaday Reprogramming hoverboards for robots | Details | Hackaday.io

Yeah… :smiley: go for it ^^ Maybe cheaper to add 2-4 more to create some sort of solid state 360 Array…? :smiley:

10/10 nice hack…! :smiley: I need to test that some day or at least share it… :smiley:

NEW VIDEO

Pick and Place server with 3D Perception and Moveit Visual Tools
(trajectory lines + text) (P.S I use the next prompt button)

like and sub dont forget to hit the bell icon P

1 Like

New video Autonomous Navigation!
It might need some improvements but it works quite well!
The new base seems much more calibrated, also it is fully integrated with ROS Control (Diff Drive Controller)

Enjoy and subscribe :wink: !!

1 Like