New packages for Melodic 2020-08-26

We’re happy to announce the next update of ROS Melodic. There are 26 new packages as well as 256 updated packages. Full details are below.

Package Updates for melodic

Added Packages [26]:

Updated Packages [256]:

Removed Packages [0]:

Thanks to all ROS maintainers who make packages available to the ROS community. The above list of packages was made possible by the work of the following maintainers:

• AWS RoboMaker
  • Alexander Rössler
  • Atsushi Watanabe
  • Austin Hendrix
  • Ben Charrow
  • Bence Magyar
  • Blake Anderson
  • Brice Rebsamen
  • Chittaranjan Srinivas Swaminathan
  • Dave Coleman
  • Dirk Thomas
  • Evan Flynn
  • Fabian Poggenhans
  • Felix Ruess
  • Guillaume Autran
  • Hitoshi Kamada
  • Igor Banfi
  • Isaac I. Y. Saito
  • Jon Binney
  • Kei Okada
  • Kevin Hallenbeck
  • Mathias Lüdtke
  • Michael Carroll
  • Michael Ferguson
  • Michael Görner
  • Mike Lautman
  • Monika Florek-Jasinska
  • Neobotix GmbH
  • Noda Shintaro
  • Raghavender Sahdev
  • Robert Haschke
  • Ryohei Ueda
  • Sebastian Dengler
  • Sergey Dorodnicov
  • Shingo Kitagawa
  • Takuya Nakaoka
  • Tony Baltovksi
  • Tony Baltovski
  • Vladimir Ermakov
  • Yohei Kakiuchi
  • Yoshito Okada
  • Yuki Furuta
  • Yuto Inagaki
  • k-okada

Why are the dbgsym packages listed? They didn’t use to be, and it makes the list less readable in my view…

I have a post-processing script that I use to remove them. I forgot to give that to @sloretz, who was nice enough to do the sync while I was on vacation. It will be fixed in the next sync.

ros-melodic-diagnostic-updater 1.9.7 is borked, and I would like to get an older, working version.

This page tells me there is a ros-melodic-diagnostic-updater 1.9.5-1, but does not tell me where it is. The links lead nowhere :frowning:

Can you please add a link to where the files can be downloaded?

Can you explain more about which links lead nowhere? The ones in the message above do link to the wiki page for diagnostics, which is the main source for it.

To answer your more general question, you need to use the ROS snapshot repository to get older packages. But I will also suggest opening an issue on the relevant repository (GitHub - ros/diagnostics: Packages related to gathering, viewing, and analyzing diagnostics data from robots.) to get the particular issue you are having fixed.