ROS Developers Podcast #68: Ignition Gazebo ROS simulator with Louise Poubel

ROS Developers Podcast #68: Ignition Gazebo ROS simulator with Louise Poubel
Podcast Link: https://www.theconstructsim.com/68-ignition-gazebo-ros-simulator-with-louise-poubel/

Today, I would like to dedicate the episode to all those ROS developers that are Gazebo simulation as their primary tool to test their robot code before pushing to the real robot. This episode is dedicated to you.

Today we are going to talk with the lead developer of Gazebo simulator and she is going to tell us about the next generation of Gazebo which is a complete rewriting of the simulator based on a new set of libraries, the Ignition libraries. Well, those are the questions that we are going to have answered today.

So now, it is my pleasure to introduce you to Louise Poubel. This is the second time I interview her in the podcast about her work on Gazebo simulator. Louise is a senior software engineer at Open robotics. But more than that, she is the Tech Lead developer of simulation at Open robotics. Specifically, she is leading the development of the newest version of Gazebo based on the Ignition libraries called Ignition Gazebo.
On top of that, she describes herself as a citizen of the world! I love that!

Related links

1 Like