I work closely with the executive teams for three or four open source non-profits, and let me tell you, things are really rough right now. Our friends at OpenCV are taking a new approach to fundraising, they are attempting to crowd fund the next release of OpenCV. If you use OpenCV please consider donating to their new IndieGoGo campaign and please help spread the word.
Mass Robotics has created a new start-up incubator for early-stage robotics companies. What’s different about this incubator is that they don’t take a chunk of equity from the company (most incubators want between 5-10% of a new startup’s equity).
@joshnewans has put together a great set of interviews from ROSCon 2023. There are a number of other summaries from @TheConstruct and Weekly Robotics. The videos from ROSCon 2023 should be up on the website early next week.
Remember that really cool open source hardware / software dexterous hand from CMU that I posted awhile back? – Our friends at Robotis are now selling the hand directly. There is even a kit version with lower end servos that you can purchase for about $500.
- 2023-11-15 Farm Robotics Challenge Submission Deadline
- 2023-11-23 → 2023-11-24 ROSCon Germany
- 2023-11-24 ROS Meetup in Barcelona
- 2023-11-29 → 2023-11-30 ROS Industrial APAC Summit SG
- 2023-12-14 → 2023-12-15 ROSCon India
- 2023-12-17 → Open Hardware Summit CFP Deadline
- 2024 Open Hardware Summit Montreal
- IMPORTANT! OpenCV 5 Fundraiser
- Mass Robotic’s New Incubator – (no equity required!) – Tech Crunch.
- NYT: Cruise Grew Fast and Angered Regulators. Now It’s Dealing With the Fallout.
- Promise Robotics brings in $15M to bring automation to homebuilding
- Google Engineers build a Better Vacuum (using ROS)
- Gecko Robotics Cantilever Project
- IEEE Spectrum Video Friday
- Remember that Low-Cost, Efficient, Anthropomorphic (LEAP) Hand that uses ROS from CMU? –You can now buy one!
- Safety21 for Autoware
- New EduAMR
- Eureka! NVIDIA Research Breakthrough Puts New Spin on Robot Learning
- Thoughts on ROSCon 2023
- DuckieTown Takes to the Sky
- Bayes Rays: Uncertainty Quantification for Neural Radiance Fields
- Python RTKLib
- QUT: robots navigate using visual imagery
- Pointcloud Matching Optimizations
- Automatic Parking Demo Code
- (cool) Cupoch: rapid 3D data processing for robotics using CUDA
- Open Sourcing NVIDIA Isaac Sim URDF and MJCF Importer Extensions
- Nav2 User Requests Survey
- Soft Realtime Controller Server Option Available!
- October 2023 Gazebo Community Meeting: O3DE
- October Interoperability SIG Recording
- Franka Emika joins Agile Robots
- 2 New and 32 Updated Packages for ROS 2 Rolling
- ROSCon 2023 Interviews
- November 2023 Aerial Robotics Meetings
- ROS 2 and C++ 20
- End‐effector Twist Using ROS 2 Utilities and The Derived Jacobian
- ROSBag Usage: visualize disk usage in a ROSBag
- ROS/ ROS 2 Gazebo quadcopter simulator
- Multi-layer Dynamic Online Map for UAVs
- TBV Radar SLAM in ROS
- GNSS + IMU Localization in ROS 2
- ROS 2: Nvidia Jetson Nano Robotic Vision with Stereo
- Raycasting based Range Sensor Simulation in Gazebo using Rmagine
- Deep RL Moving Crowd Navigation
Please take a moment to help out your fellow developers by answering a few questions on robotics.stackexchange.com