Webots ROS2 Community Meeting

Webots is an open-source, high fidelity, and easy to use robot simulator. At Cyberbotics, we have been developing Webots + ROS2 integration since the Crystal days, and now we want to discuss with you how to further improve it.

Therefore, we would like to organize an online meeting and welcome every ROS2 users and Webots users!

Preliminary meeting agenda:

• Introduction to Webots and the current state of the ROS2 integration.
  • Our current vision and objectives.
  • Guest speaker: Webots + ROS2 use-case from the industry.
  • Round table: attendees suggesting features, improvements, proposing contributions, collaborations, etc.

This is our first time organizing an open meeting with the ROS community. So, we need to know whether you are interested in learning more about ROS2 in Webots and participating to such a discussion.

If enough people are interested we will schedule the meeting in the middle of January.

Let us know if you would be interested to attend: either here, by e-mail to support@cyberbotics.com or in our Discord channels.

-Olivier Michel
Cyberbotics Ltd., CEO

6 Likes

Hi Oliver, I would like to participate in the meeting so, please, count me in!

1 Like

Count me in too, please!

1 Like

Hello @olivier.michel, thank you for taking such an initiative, I would like to join for the meeting. Count me in, please.

1 Like

If you record the meeting please let me know. I can share it with the larger ROS community.

3 Likes

Hi Mrs Scott,

Thank you for invitation.Yes, I want to be part of this meeting?

Best regards

Vesko

Get TypeApp for Android

1 Like

The simulator seems quite good. Count me in

1 Like

Hi, I would like to participate as well ;0)

1 Like

This sounds good, I’m definitely interested to attend!

1 Like

Same here, It will be really interesting find about the integration!

1 Like

Thank you for all the replies.
We also got many individual replies by e-mails.
So, there is definitely a significant interest for such a meetup.
Therefore, we are going to organize it.
Meanwhile, let me know if you would like to propose anything to the agenda.
@Katherine_Scott: thank you for offering your help sharing the recording of the meetup. For sure, we will record it and send you the link.

3 Likes

Hi there ! I’m definitely interested as well, will you share a link to the meeting on this topic ? Thanks for the initiative !

1 Like