Equip your team with ROS2 in 2022
ROS2 is expected to replace ROS1 by 2023 completely. The latest ROS2 distributions (Galactic and Foxy) are mature enough to create real-world robotics applications.
In this 3-day workshop, students will learn to create basic programs in ROS2, use the Nav2 navigation system, perceive and grasp objects using MoveIt2.
- Companies that want to run their robots with ROS2
- Companies that want to equip their team with ROS2
- Robotics teams that want to transition from ROS1 to ROS2
- Engineers or CTOs who want to build scalable robotics products faster
You will learn through real-time ROS expert-led explanations, along with explanatory notebooks and robotic simulations. The student will carry out the exercises with simulated robots, working in tandem with the instructor. Each student has their own simulated robots.
At the end of the training, what you take away is not “paper” skills but real, practical experience that can be applied to your daily robotics development.
Basic programming knowledge in Python and C ++.
Experience in creating applications in ROS1 for autonomous robots.
Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
It is not necessary to have Linux on the student’s computer. Any operating system is valid.
It is not necessary to have ROS installed on the student’s computer.
Programming Language : Python and C++ in Linux
Language : English or Spanish (depends on your needs)
- How to create packages, nodes, topics, services, and actions in ROS2
- Management of the new Colcon universal building system
- Topic publishers and subscribers in ROS2 Python
- Management of nodes in ROS2: life cycle, executors and callback groups
- Hybrid applications with ROS1 and ROS2
- Use of debugging tools in ROS2
- ROS2 Localization
- ROS2 Path Planning
- ROS2 Mapping
- ROS2 + DDS
- ROS2 Obstacle avoidance
- ROS2 arm planning and grasping using MoveIt2