during work on force controlled robots (manipulators and mobile platforms) Intelligent Industrial Robotics (IIROB) extended a driver for Schunk-FTS (with ATI electronics) which communicates over CAN-Bus. We find the package very useful in our research and projects so hopefully will be also useful for you.
Some important features explained in the documentation on ROS-wiki:
The ati_force_torque package provides a ROS interface for an ATI force/torque sensor that is connected over CAN-bus. The most important features of this package are:
- 2 ROS Nodes one for configuration and one for reading of sensor.
- Implemenation of hardware_interface::ForceTorqueSensorHandle for using sensor in ros_control.
- Sampling the sensor on ca. 800 Hz and downsample to desied freqency
- Automatic calibration of sensor upon start.
- Definition of static calibration offsets.
- Integration of filters: ThresholdFilter, LowPassFilter, MovingMeanFilter and GravityCompensation (from iirob_filters package).
This package is builds upon the original cob_forcetorque written in 2011 and not updated since than.For can interfacing the CAN devices cob_generic_can package is used.