I want to announce the open source release of image_projection. The package allows to easily configure projections from multiple calibrated camera sources. A demo launch configuration is available.
- Rectify a distorted image
- Create a cylindrical projection (equirectangular, mercator …) from 360° camera data from multiple cameras
- Create a perspective (pinhole) projection from fisheye camera data
- Convert non-linear fisheye data to an ideal fisheye lense (“tru-theta”)
- Define a virtual pan-tilt camera
This software has been used extensively by Team Hector. We use the compact 50$ 360° camera Insta360 Air as a virtual pan-tilt camera and 360° object detection camera simultaneously.
I am looking forward to your feedback.