I’ve scheduled a ROS By-The-Bay Holiday Party for 2023-12-15T02:00:00Z in Mountain View. Please swing by if you can! I’ve invited @chfritz and @tomoyafujita to come and speak and I will be putting together a ROSCon 2023 recap for those who couldn’t make it to ROSCon.
It is the holidays, so some heart warming robotics news in order. Our friends at Ohmni Labs are using their telepresence robots to let sick kids visit the aquarium as covered in the CBS Evening News report. Their UV-C cleaning robots are also being used to help clean hospitals in the Navajo Nation.
Videos from the 2023 PX4 Developer Summit are now available and many of them are relevant to the ROS community, including this panel with @tfoote and @gbiggs on ROS and PX4 collaboration, and this one with @mwbb on deep learning based state estimation.
We finally have a canonical Space ROS paper that you can cite for Space ROS research! Good work SpaceROS team!
This week I found two new legged robots that I absolutely love. First, there is this “robot mouse” from TU Munich – (Science Robotics Paper). Second, there is this miniature open hardware / open software RHex hexapod clone. As a rat owner, and someone who worked on RHex in undergrad, these two robots are definitely my new favorites.
- 2023-12-12 Zenoh User Meeting
- 2023-12-14 → 2023-12-15 ROSCon India
- 2023-12-14 ROS By-The-Bay Holiday Party!
- 2023-12-17 Open Hardware Summit CFP Deadline
- 2023-12-18 Cracow Robotics & AI Meetup
- 2024-1-18 Space ROS Community Meeting
- 2024 Open Hardware Summit Montreal
- How do you train new employees in ROS?
- We need participants for a Survey on Field-based Testing of ROS applications!
- Deliberation Working Group Meeting Video: Open-RMF
- ImpROSter Syndrome
- Canonical Space ROS Paper
- LIG Nex1 announces intent to acquire stake in quadruped maker Ghost Robotics
- Amazon Industrial Fund leads Instock seed round for novel fulfillment robots
- Yusen Logistics and Pickle Robot collaborate to streamline container unloading
- Twinny and Hankook Engineering Works to jointly develop autonomous robots
- Bloomberg: Gecko Raises $100M – Robot Report
- Robots help to ensure maximum cleanliness at Navajo hospital
- MoveItCon 2023 Recap
- TU Munich Robot Rat Robot
- Mini RHex Hexapod Robot Open HW/SW
- Ohmni Labs helps sick kids visit the aquarium
- PrimA6D: reconstruct object the rotation primitive
- Yet Another State Machine Library
- CUDA Bundle Adjustment
- CUDA Efficient Features
- ConceptGraphs: Open-Vocabulary 3D Scene Graphs for Perception and Planning
- Recognize Anything: A Strong Image Tagging Model
- Generative AI in my codebase? It is more likely than you think!
- 32 New and 75 Updated Packages for Iron
- Unit Tests for Robotics Software: Quality over Quantity
- A LiDAR-Inertial localization package based on FAST-LIO2.
- Structure PLP-SLAM: Efficient Sparse Mapping and Localization using Point, Line and Plane for Monocular, RGB-D and Stereo Cameras
- ROS 2 PID Library
- MCL with Expansion Resetting
- LIDAR Localization in ROS 2
- Simple ROS 2 Navigation Stack with C++ Implementation
- Deep Learning Based State Estimation Using PX4 and ROS2 with XRCE-DDS
- USEFUL: Teleop Twist RQT App
- CLI Tool to Convert SDFormat and USD
- Soaring Together: Charting the Future of PX4 + ROS Collaboration
- Modeling, Simulation, and Control of 4-Wheeled Mobile Robot in ROS and Gazebo - From Scratch!
- ROS 2 with EMQX / MQTT
Got a minute to spare? Please help out the ROS community by answering a few questions on Robotics Stack Exchange!