Free ROS swag! This week everyone was printing ROS 2 Iron Irwini figures. If you want some other form of Iron swag it is available here.
Both Melodic and Foxy are going end of life in a little over a week. If you maintain a Melodic / Foxy package please make sure all of your updates make it in to the final sync. Is it news worthy? Yes!
This week we launched Humble Support for TurtleBot 4!
I came across this amazing FOSS / ROS package for agricultural path planning this week called Fields2Cover. Source code is here.
Our next ROS By-The-Bay will be 2022-06-22. We’ve lined up speakers from Open Navigation, Mission Robotics (underwater robotics), and Polymath Robotics (autonomy for everything else).
Louise Poubel, of Open Robotics and Zipline, fame was on Sense, Think, Act Podcast
- 2023-06-10 Reddit Robotics Showcase!
- 2023-06-12 ROS-Industrial AP Developers Meeting
- 2023-06-13 Autoware Meetup Stuttgart
- 2023-06-16 Space ROS Community Meeting
- 2023-06-20 Meetup at AMP Robotics
- 2022-06-22 ROS By-The-Bay
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROScon France in Bordeaux –in conjunction with RoboCup
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROS Industrial EU
- 2023-07-07 Construct ROS Developers Day
- 2023-07-09 ROSCon Submission Deadline
- 2023-07-26 ROS Meetup Stuttgart
- 2023-08-14 - 2023-08-25 ROS Summer School
- 2023-09-26 ROSCon JP
- 2023-09-29 ROSCon Madrid
- 2023-10-18 → 2023->10-20 ROSCon 2023 New Orleans
- 2023-10-21 → 2023->10-22 PX4 Developer Summit New Orleans
- ROSCon Divesity Scholarships Due June 11th!
- Robotics @ CppCon Call for Talks
- New Humble Support for TurtleBot 4 – More
- Louise Poubel on Sense, Think, Act Podcast
- Behind the Scenes with Comau and Intrinsic – Video
- PickNik Picks up Two More NASA SBIRs
- Iron Irwini Swag Sale
- Autoware & Indy Autonomous Challenge Team Up for Sim Races
- OpenCV: DIY Laser-Based 3D Optical Scanner
- Dog T.R.E.A.T. for iRobot Create
- IEEE Spectrum Video Friday
- TechCrunch Visits Alphabet X
- Zume Pizza Shuts Down
- Open Source Teach Pendant
- Unitree Robots Hacked
- 2023-06-20 Melodic End of Life
- 2023-06-20 Foxy End of Life – Is it news worthy? Yes!
- Print your own Iron Irwini
- YOLOV8 for ROS – YOLONAS for ROS
- Fields2Cover FOSS / ROS Package for Agriculture Path Planning – Source
- Gazebo in the Browser?
- MoveIt ChatGPT Integration
- MCAP to TimescaleDB Package
- IMU Data in the Browser
- ROS Soft Body Simulation?
- Ros2_control hardware_interface for Adafruit 16-Channel PWM / Servo Bonnet for Raspberry Pi
- ROS Infrastructure updates from May 2023
- Webots with ROS, an Overview
- Data Collection for ROS 2
- Orchestrate NVIDIA Isaac Sim and ROS 2 Navigation on AWS RoboMaker with a public container image
- RPI Lidar Mount for TB3
- VSCode, Docker, and ROS 2 Setup Guide
- macOS ROS with Docker
- ROS 2 Package for Tightly-Coupled LIDAR/IMU NDT/GICP SLAM
- Develop a Multi-Robot Environment with NVIDIA Isaac Sim, ROS, and Nimbus
- ROS Useful Tools Repo
No ROS questions this week. Please read our post about the Stack Exchange migration and take action.