This week we learned that Direct Drive’s Diablo robot has a ROS interface.
We also learned that this MaiCat robot is using ROS. They are looking for beta testers from the ROS community.
Our friends at Formant released a Report about Robots as a Service. 81% of Formant’s profession robotics customers use ROS. The report is worth a read.
Say goodbye to ROS 2 Foxy
A warm welcome to our 2023 Google Summer of Code students Jasmeet (left) & Henrique (right)!
IMPORTANT: ROS ANSWERS IS MIGRATING TO STACK EXCHANGE – You must take action to migrate your account.
ROSCon registration is now open! Have we mentioned that the PX4 Summit is back to back with ROSCon?
I’ll be in Munich next week for Automatica. If you are there please join us!
- NEW 2023-06-28 Big ROS Meetup Munich / Automatica
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROScon France in Bordeaux –in conjunction with RoboCup
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROS Industrial EU
- 2023-07-07 Construct ROS Developers Day
- 2023-07-09 ROSCon Submission Deadline
- 2023-07-26 ROS Meetup Stuttgart
- 2023-08-01 Autoware Challenge Proposals Due
- 2023-08-14 - 2023-08-25 ROS Summer School
- 2023-08-20 PX4 Dev Summit Developer Diversity Scholarships
- 2023-09-26 ROSCon JP
- 2023-09-29 ROSCon Madrid
- 2023-10-02 → 2023-10-04 IROS Simulated Humanoid Robot Wrestling Competition
- 2023-10-18 → 2023->10-20 ROSCon 2023 New Orleans
- 2023-10-21 → 2023->10-22 PX4 Developer Summit New Orleans
- 2023 Open Robotics GSoC Students
- 2023 Autoware Challenge
- 2023 Formant State of RaaS Report
- New Diablo Direct Drive Robot – Source
- OpenCV Launches OpenCV University at CVPR
- How to Start a Career in Robotics Panel Discussion
- IROS Simulated Humanoid Robot Wrestling Competition
- Indy Autonomous Challenge sets autonomous vehicle speed record at Monza Raceway
- New Friendly Munich Airport Robot – Less friendly Singapore Airport Robot
- Pack it up folks, ChatGPT built a Robot
- Sewts Textile Robot
- Comau Tests Intrinsic Flowstate
- Intrinsic and Siemens collaborate to accelerate the integration of AI-based robotics and automation technology
- Techcrunch: Life after Logistics
- Drones take to the waves: Saildrones are getting data where people can’t
- Video from Musk vs. Zuckerberg Cage Match
- GoodBytz Robot Kitchen
- MoveIt Studio + LLMs
- Weird Wearable Robot
- Coming soon! TIAGo the mobile manipulator in ROS 2
- HOT BundleSDF: Neural 6-DoF Tracking and 3D Reconstruction of Unknown Objects
- Meta AI and Hello Robot Join Forces to Bring Artificial Intelligence to Home Robots
- Ubuntu 18.04 EoL Report
- Wavemap: hierarchical, multi-resolution occupancy mapping framework.
- Adaptive and Explainable Deployment of Navigation Skills via Hierarchical Deep Reinforcement Learning
- Aria Synthetic Environment Dataset - CVPR Paper
- 3D Scene Understanding with Open Vocabularies
- Pytorch implementation of diffusion models on Lie Groups for 6D grasp pose generation
- SDF Studio: A Unified Framework for Surface Reconstruction
- Robots learn to perform chores by watching YouTube
- DeepMind’s RoboCat learns to perform a range of robotics tasks
- IMPORTANT: MIGRATE YOUR ROS ANSWERS ACCOUNT
- Please Help Test Python Upgrades for Colcon
- Arduino APIs for CPUs like Jetson or Raspberry Pi for use with ROS2
- Request for comment, on device .msg compiler for Micropython
- ROS 2 tutorials based on physical robots or Gazebo simulations
- Integrating ROS2 into quadruped home robot
- Fixing Moveit2 Humble moveit_ros_benchmarks package
- Goodbye ROS 2 Foxy
- TurtleBot4_Humble Project Wiki
- MCAP vs ROS 1 Bag Performance
- mROS 2 on ESP32
- PyPose: Library for differentiable robotics
- Point Cloud Utils Python Library
- Custom Messages using microROS on RPi Pico
- Husarion ROS 2 Tutorials
- ROS 2: 3D LIDAR SLAM using ndt/gicp registration and pose-optimization
- Synchronisation between ROS2 Foxy, Gazebo simulator, PostgreSQL database, websockets and Web GUI
- Murilo’s ROS2 Tutorial
- A ROS-Based GNC Architecture for Autonomous Surface Vehicle Based on a New Multimission Management Paradigm
No ROS questions this week. Please read our post about the Stack Exchange migration and take action.