ROS Noetic and Foxy Tshirts Available!

With each release of ROS we have a tradition of having a logo and making t-shirts. This year we’re celebrating two releases Noetic Ninjemys and Foxy Fitzroy.

To let you show your ROS colors and support this tradition, we have setup a Teespring storefront which should be able to ship worldwide.

image image

Ordering will be open until 2020-06-16T05:00:00Z And this year we have tall tapestries and fleece blankets as options too.

And as this is also the first reveal of the logos here’s a view of them both.

We’re looking forward to the Noetic release very soon and the Foxy release hot on it’s tails. Than you to everyone who has contributed to making these releases possible!

14 Likes

I’m still hoping I’ll get those polo shirts one day!

3 Likes

Sure polos would be cool but with tapestries and blankets we can do makeshift ROS capes. Looking forward to playing some fun super turtle dress up games with the boys after these arrive!

2 Likes

@tfoote the product names are a bit confusing. I see fleece blankets that are titled ‘t-shirt’ and some products are titled ‘ROS Noetic and Foxy t-shirts’ but seem to point at just one t-shirt. Two shirts for $21.99 would’ve been awesome :slight_smile: but I’m assuming you only get one?

I’ve put in non-zero thought about making a set of Patagonia jackets (or similar but cheaper) with a ROS logo embroidery. If that’s something folks want, I can make it happen. We’d need an order of 10 at minimum to make it reasonable (10 is the quantity needed for the discount to be about the cost of embroidery to even out). I’ve done swag before at a few different organizations I’ve been in the past - wouldn’t be much effort.

1 Like

I would be okay with this if they were Patagonia vests. I hear those are all the rage among the venture capitalist crew. Maybe this could be a gateway for additional funding opportunities?

2 Likes

Vest isn’t really in my style, but if that’s what the critical mass of people want, I don’t have an issue arranging it. I’ll just buy a jacket separately and throw it in the box for the embroiderer.

Feel free to pitch this at OR and see if anyone’s a taker. There’s also an Eddie Bauer analog to the Patagonia jacket that’s much cheaper that could be considered. We’d need about 10 of whatever to make it happen. If we can hit like ~8, I can post on Disourse with an order form to round it off / get any others interested. 50 is where we hit real discount quantities. Though less of an issue if we used a cheaper garment.

1 Like

count me in for a jacket/vest!

Personally, I like Patagonia (and wouldn’t mind getting a ROS-embroidered Silicon Valley VC vest :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), but anything with good enough quality works too!

Quality is key. I don’t need any more cheapo swag I won’t use. I won’t propose anything that I wouldn’t wear.

• Vest
  • Jacket
  • Remove before flight tags

0 voters

Here’s a non-binding poll for general interest, you can select one or all of the options that you may be interested in (in addition to the ROS distro shirts above).

1 Like

“Remove before flight” tags best option ever! I don’t even want to count the number of robots lost due to folks not putting the safety pin back in. :frowning:

1 Like

I mostly threw that in because in another life I was a NASA engineer and collected them at tours / conferences / etc. I made some for a club in college so I can dig out the contact info for another branded order.

2 Likes

A few updates:

We now have posters and canvas artwork prints available on Zazzle:

https://www.zazzle.com/store/openrobotics

I’ve cleaned up the naming for better browsing in the storefront view.

And there’s now a Premium cotton T-Shirt variation which has a larger range of sizes available than the Triblend T-Shirts.

2 Likes

For those of us who always have trouble picking the right size / type of t-shirt: how do these compare to the ones available for older ROS releases?

1 Like

The type of shirt and the supplier are the same so I would expect the fit to be very similar to previous release’s.

1 Like

The Noetic ones are already out in 3xl… I thought Teespring was print on demand…? Is there any way to make more sizes available, also for the Hoodies?

1 Like

You should have been at the ROS-Industrial Conference 2019… free polo shirt in navy blue with a beautiful print on the back and ROS-I stiching on the cheast

I miss a ROS headband / bandeau (Ninja Turtles style) :slight_smile: or face mask :wink:

3 Likes

They are print on demand. When they are “out of stock” it means that they don’t have the base material to print on. And in my experience the tshirt manufacturers do bulk runs of different sizes at different intervals based on demand. And the printing houses like keep small quantities on hand but in general actually order from the manufacturers inventory when you order a print from them. Unfortunately this isn’t something we can do much about.

1 Like

I don’t remember if both kids and toddler sizes are offered. Nice! #parentsfriendly

(I still want V-neck to be back. Good for girls (and myself) ROS Lunar Loggerhead Tshirt's Available!)

Any mountain or road cyclists in the group?

If enough interest, I can go see about pricing for some ROS bike jerseys.