ROS News for the Week of April 8th, 2024

ROS News for the Week of April 8th, 2024

The Robot Reports RBR 50 awards came out this week!. It is always interesting to see all of the new robotics companies and technologies. By my count close to half of the listed organizations use ROS.

Clearpath Robotics CTO, Open Robotics Board member, and all around cool dude Ryan Gariepy was on the ROS Developers Podcast to discuss the motivation behind the formation of the OSRA and what it means for the projects.

The ROS 2 Jazzy Jalisco feature freeze is next Monday, 2024-04-15T07:00:00Z. If you have a pull request you want merged it is now or never. We’ll have full details about the release process, including our annual tutorial party, next week.

(I have succumb to using AI images, this one was from Bard, or Gemini, or whatever they call it now, The real Jazzy Jalisco distro graphic will come out in a couple of weeks).

Check out this article I came across this week, “Efficient Global Navigational Planning in 3D Structures based on Point Cloud Tomography”. The author uses the PCT Planner to navigation in complex multi-level environments. The best part? There is a ROS Noetic wrapper! I know a lot of people struggle with 3D / 2.5D path planning, so I wanted to pass this information along.

Events

News

ROS

Got a minute?

Why not send docs.ros.org a pull request? We could really use more contributors.

1 Like