ROS News for the Week of June 26th, 2023

ROS News for June 26th, 2023

Melodic is now End of Life if you’re not thinking of switching to ROS 2 you need to be thinking about it. YOU HAVE TWO MORE YEARS LEFT OF ROS 1 SUPPORT.

flappy
Flappy Bird in Gazebo! Flappy Bird in Gazebo! Flappy Bird in Gazebo!. I feel like we should have a flappy bird controller competition.

Halo from Munich! If the news looks light this week it is because I spent the week running a ROS meetup in Munich and attending Automatica for the Intrinsic launch. I met at least a dozen new companies using ROS, and checked up on some of our long time users.

:point_right: Here is an Automatica photo and video dump for the curious. I would estimatet 90% of the robots in this photo dump either run ROS or have a ROS interface. Feel free to ask questions :point_left:

I’ll try to get a longer update out when I get back. I imagine there will also be a video explaining the Intrinsic booth in the near future.

I’ll be in Bordeaux, France, next week for ROS Industrial EU and ROSCon France. If you are attending please come introduce yourself! Due to my travel schedule there probably won’t be a news update next week.

Events

News

ROS

ROS Answers Questions

No ROS questions this week. Please read our post about the Stack Exchange migration and take action.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.