These past two weeks we had two ROS Meetups in Europe (Netherlands and Barcelona), one in Singapore, and a sold out ROSCon in Germany!
Our first ever ROSCon India is just two weeks away! I am informed it is already sold out!
If you want hold a ROSCon in your city or country just reach out to us at the email address
community [at] openrobotics.org and we can help make it happen (we’re looking at you, South America, Australia, and Africa)!
This Tuesday was what we in the states calls “Giving Tuesday,” the day after “Black Friday,” “Small Business Saturday,” and “Cyber Monday.” If you would like to make a donation to the Open Source Robotics Foundation there is a form available here.
I came across this fantastic resource this week, “The Connector Book” by Davide Andrea. If you have ever struggled to pick a connector for your robot, or identify a connector for your robot this is the resource for you. The book also has a web form that lets you search for a particular connector or pick the best connector for an application.
This week I came across this Unreal 5 plugin that lets you import a Gaussian Splat. Not to be outdone the fine folks at Spectacular.AI demonstrated a NeRF generator for the OAK-D depth sensor.
I’ve been saying for awhile that all I want is an open source ROS 2 package that generates NeRFs / Gaussian splats and a Gazebo pipeline that allows you to import the resulting NeRF/Splat. I want to drive a robot around a room with ROS, generate a NeRF / Splat, and then simulate the robot inside of the NeRF/Splat using Gazebo. This is the killer app and all I want for Christmas . Unfortunately I do not have time to make it happen, but I will shower you with ROS swag if you make this happen .
- 2023-12-04 ROS Deployment Meeting #1
- 2023-12-05 Maritime Working Group Meeting
- 2023-12-06 Aerial Robotics Meeting
- 2023-12-11 Interoperability SIG Meeting
- 2023-12-12 Zenoh User Meeting
- 2023-12-14 → 2023-12-15 ROSCon India
- 2023-12-17 Open Hardware Summit CFP Deadline
- 2023-12-18 Cracow Robotics & AI Meetup
- 2024 Open Hardware Summit Montreal
- Robot Report: Open Robotics releases Gazebo Harmonic simulator
- TechCrunch: Robotics Q&A with Toyota Research
- Cruise cuts by GM stir doubts in drive to autonomous vehicles
- Tangram on 3D sensing challenges; Next Generation Robotics offers optimization
- (USEFUL) The Electronic Connector Book
- Foxglove ROSCon 2023 Recap
- GaussianEditor: Swift and Controllable 3D Editing with Gaussian Splatting
- MonoNav: MAV Navigation via Monocular Depth Estimation and Reconstructio
- PAL Robotics Kanagroo BiPed
- What to Do When the Ghost in the Machine Is You – interesting discussion on LLM’s copying the style of FOSS developers
- Articulated Steering UGV Video
- NeRFs on OAK-D
- Awesome 3D LiDAR Datasets
- IEEE-RAS Travel Grants for Robotics Standardization
- Deterministic IMU Error Modeling
- Ginan GNSS Calculation Libray from Australian Gov
- Project Summary for ROS Mining Robot
- Davide Faconti’s Data Tammer
- RBR 50 Awards Nomination
- View Gaussian Splats in Unreal 5
- The 4 next big things in robotics and automation for 2023
- Orthrus: A Dual-arm Quadrupedal RobotPaper
- Plot Juggler, in a container?!
- Articulated Robotics micro-ROS Tutorial
- Simple Launch Approaching Event Handling
- Upcoming API Breakage for URDFDom
- What should we do with generative AI code?
- Recommended Way to Format Python Code?
- Training ROScribe with ROS Index to create an AI agent expert in robotics
- 11 New and 118 Updated Iron Packages
- 26 New and 293 Updated Packages for Humble
- Blog Post: MoveIt Google Summer of Code 2023
- Survey: Field Testing ROS Application
- Isaac ROS Nov Update: 2.1 Release
- Andino Webots simulation using ROS 2
- November Gazebo Community Meeting (Maritime Robotics with VRX winner)
- AMBER: Automated annotation and Multimodal Bag Extraction for Robotics
- Real-Time LIDAR Urban Road Detection
- How To Fly a Figure 8 Using ROS 2
- GSoC 2023: MoveIt Servo and IK Benchmarking
- Low Latency Instance Segmentation by Continuous Clustering for Rotating LiDAR Sensors ROS Package
Got a minute to spare? Make the holidays brighter for your friends and colleagues, answer a few questions on Robotics Stack Exchange.