The NASA JPL Open-Source Rover got a big upgrade to ROS 2 this week! I know of a few of these rolling around the Bay Area. If you are looking to build a robot, this might be the project for you!
The fine folks at Diligent robotics have raise $25M for their healthcare robot Moxi (The Robot Report – Press Release). The best part of my job is getting to watch companies grow from small ideas to big changes in industry. Congrats all around!
The 2023 ROS 2 Technical Steering Committee Community Representative Election is underway!. Currently I have only one applicant! We need at least two! Make sure to get your self nominations in ASAP!
Next Thursday we’ll have our ROS Meetup in Singapore. Please drop by if you can!
Next Wednesday is the Gazebo Community Meeting where we will have the Harmoic release demo!
I am planning a ROS Meetup at IROS. Please join us and help spread the word. We’re also planning a ROS Tech Huddle on Monday October 1st at 11:00 am inside IROS itself. I’ll post more details as soon as I know more!
ROSCon JP is next Tuesday, September 26th!
ROSCon Madrid is next Friday, September 29th!
- 2023-09-26 ROSCon JP
- 2023-09-27 Infrastructure Community Meeting
- 2023-09-27 Gazebo Community Meeting – Harmoic Release Demo!
- NEW 2023-09-28 ROS Meetup Singapore
- 2023-09-29 ROSCon Madrid
- 2023-09-30 Robot Hackathon in SF
- NEW 2023-10-03 ROS Meetup at IROS
- 2023-10-01 → 2023-10-05 14th F1Tenth Autonomous Grand Prix
- 2023-10-02 → 2023-10-04 IROS Simulated Humanoid Robot Wrestling Competition
- 2023-10-17 MoveItCon @ ROSCon!
- 2023-10-18 → 2023->10-20 ROSCon 2023 New Orleans
- 2023-10-21 → 2023->10-22 PX4 Developer Summit New Orleans
- 2023-10-14 → 2023-10-15 ROSCon India
- 2023-11-2 ROS Meetup Netherlands
- 2024 Open Hardware Summit Montreal
- ROSCon 2023 Update
- Diligent Raise $25M for Healthcare Robots – The Robot Report – Press Release
- TRI is developing a new method to teach robots overnight – The Robot Report
- Robot Makers Almanac
- IEEE Video Friday
- RoboFab is ready to build 10,000 humanoid robots per year
- Empowering Robotic Breakthroughs through Open Source
- Gazebo Community Meeting: Harmonic (September 2023)
- Burro Demo at FIRA 2023
- Mass May Ban Gun Weilding Robots
- UC Berkeley Autonomous Racing Team Sets New U.S. Road Course Record
- Learning with Flowstate beta testers
- High Speed Roomba
- Local News Coverage of FIRA Ag Robot Summit
- Why are Small Robots so Hard?
- Robotic Caregivers and Intelligent Physical Collaboration
- Mov.AI + Lanner Announce AMR Platform
- FireBot is designed to scout burning buildings before sending in firefighters
- 2023 ROS 2 Technical Steering Committee Community Representative Election
- 33 New and 273 Updated Packages in Iron Irwini
- New NASA JPL Open-Source Rover
- Improving autonomous robotic navigation using IFC files
- Looking for people to participate in research interview for ROS simulation tool
- Discussion : HMI Development with ROS 2
- Sept Space ROS Meeting
- Outdoor Navigation in ROS: Current State & Future Direction
- RobotPerf benchmarks “beta” release
- ROS Smart Hand – CAD Files – Video
- ZED X Setup for ROS 2
- Bonxai: Fast, heirarchial, sparse voxel grid
- Pointcloud-based graph SLAM written in C++ using open3D library
- An advanced localization system for ROS use.
- A ROS node to perform a probabilistic 3-D/6-DOF localization system for mobile robots with 3-D LIDAR(s).
- A 2-D/3-DOF seamless global/local mobile robot motion planner package for ROS
- ROS State Lattice Planner
- A ROS node of 3D-LiDAR-based Monte Carlo localization
- ROS Dynamic Window Planner
- TinyMOVR Motor Controller
- Birds Eye View for CARLA
- An Efficient Multi-Agent Path Finding Solver for Car-Like Robots
- Learn C++ Optimization with Davide Faconti
- Accelerating Motion Planning via Optimal Transport
- HDL Global Localization