ROS News for the Week of May 8th, 2023
Intrinsic has their big product keynote announcement on Monday at 9am PST! I recommend you check it out.
Sense, Think, Act Podcast: How is Nvidia Betting Big on Reinforcement Learning for Robot Control.
This week we got a new ROS Status Page! See it live at status.openrobotics.org.
If you are going to Automate or the ROS Industrial Annual Meeting we’re putting together an [Iron Irwini Launch Party / ROS Meetup in Detroit on May 23rd.](2023-05-23 ROS Meetup Detroit / Automate) All are welcome!
The Iron Irwini Tutorial Party is still going on!. We’ve still got a handful of tickets that need to get closed.
- 2023-05-13 ROS Robot Party 東京
- 2023-05-15 Intrinsic Keynote
- 2023-05-16 How to Integrate ROS 2 with DDS
- 2023-05-16 Open Source Robotics Revolutionizes Space Exploration
- 2023-05-17 ROS Infrastructure Community Meeting
- 2022-05-22 ROS Krakow Meetup
- 2023-05-23 Automate Startup Challenge
- 2023-05-23 ROS Meetup Detroit / Automate
- 2023-05-24 → 2023-05-25 ROS Industrial Annual Meeting
- 2023-06-01 - 2023-06-03 Toulouse Robot Race
- 2023-06-02 ICRA Robot Wrestling Competition – More Info
- 2023-06-06 Kidnapped Robot? Get it back with Isaac ROS Map Localization
- 2023-06-08 World MoveIt Day
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROScon France in Bordeaux –in conjunction with RoboCup
- 2023-07-04 → 2023-07-05 ROS Industrial EU
- 2023-07-07 Construct ROS Developers Day
- 2023-07-09 ROSCon Submission Deadline
- 2023-08-14 - 2023-08-25 ROS Summer School
- 2023-09-26 ROSCon JP
- 2023-09-29 ROSCon Madrid
- 2023-10-18 → 2023->10-20 ROSCon 2023 New Orleans
- 2023-10-21 → 2023->10-22 PX4 Developer Summit New Orleans
- Sense, Think, Act: How is Nvidia Betting Big on Reinforcement Learning for Robot Control
- Open Robotics Garage Sale
- World MoveIt Day 2023!
- AMP Robotics attracts investment from Microsoft’s Climate Innovation Fund
- This robot hand can manipulate objects without seeing them
- Mother’s Day is Sunday – Get Mom a ROSBag
- YOLO V8 How to Train a Custom Detector
- How Greenzie Does Obstacle Detection
- A fleet of humanoid, open-source robots could change robotics research
- CV-CUDA is an open-source, GPU accelerated library for cloud-scale image processing and computer vision.
- TidyBot: Personalized Robot Assistance with Large Language Models
- Multi-Space Neural Radiance Fields
- Python Robotics
- NEW! ROS Status Page
- VOTE NOW – ROS Awards 2023
- Announcing REP-2015 - ROS 2 DDS Security PKCS #11 Support
- ROSConDe? Submit your feedback.
- ROS Iron Irwini Testing and Tutorial Party
- ROS India Summit 2023 Survey
- Looking for awesome deliberation tools and resources – Source
- Safe DDS 1.0.0 Presentation and Online Docs
- Colcon extension for validating package dependencies
- ROS development on Linux, Windows and macOS
- New Iron Irwini Features
- ROS & Hardware
- ROS Ultimate guide for Custom Robotic Arms and Panda 7 DOF
- A Kinematic library for controlling cable driven continuum robot
- Single Thread of ROS 2, Not Necessarily FIFO. Could be “Round Robin”
- The basics of getting up and running with ROS 2 in Windows
- microROS x ESP32 (Japanese)
- Tier 4 open source visual localization for self-driving vehicles